The studio aims at developing grasp on built and spatial systems of a town through conceptualizing design of large multifunctional public buildings in an urban setting.
- DESIGN STUDIO-V (DS-V)
- BUILDING MATERIAL & CONSTRUCTION-V (B.M.C-V)
- STRUCTURE-V (STR-V)
- ARCHITECTURAL GRAPHIC TECHNIQUES-V (A.G.T.-V)
- HISTORY OF ARCHITECTURE –III (H.O.A.–III)
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE & SERVICES – III (E.S.S.-III)
- ELECTIVE DESIGN – I
To develop a grasp on built and spatial systems of large town/small city scale (population range 5 to 10 Lacs) through Interdisciplinary studio guidance exercises.
• Site survey/mapping, documentation, representation through models, sketches. Photographs at different times/situations.
• Lectures, Slide shows, Library ref.
To understand various finishing and furnishing materials and techniques used in interiors and exteriors
Lectures, Field trips, Documentations, Workshops, Seminars, Slideshows.
To study various forms of surface structures and their structural behaviour.
Lectures, Presentations, Site visits etc.
To understand the representation and rendering technique and ability to create 3-D modelling
Lecture, practical lab work exercises based to explore new age add.
• Architectural development during the medieval period.
• Adaptation and evolution of ancient built forms to the new political, religious, social as well as a cultural context.
• Lectures, Slideshows, Readings, Documentations, Seminars, Analytical understandings.
To develop a grasp over:
• The effect of Sun & Moon on the Earth and how by orienting &articulating built form one can optimise benefits and reduce discomforts, electrical inputs of lighting and ventilation.
• The parameters of Comfort and Discomfort.
• The sensorial perception/experience which can be environmentally controlled.
• Electrical & mechanical services in building design.
• Understanding of basic elements of services & requirements of it
Mainly lecture base, discussions on case-studies of a relative topic, market survey and product analysis, field trips and practical derivations, studio base exercises and application of it in design studio.
To develop the creative faculties of the students and equip them to understand the acts/ process of „making „in the various field of arts.
Through Lecture, demonstration and excess.